Filing Season begins Feb. 12!

Save Your Refund

Through SaveYourRefund, all tax filers 18 and older who use Form 8888 to save a portion of their tax refund can enter a promotion for a chance to win 100 weekly $100 prizes and five grand prizes of $5,000.

CAP Services provides free tax filing services for low- to moderate-income households.
In 2021, all tax preparation will be provided through limited or no-contact methods.

Residents of Portage County can call United Way’s 211 or 1-800-922-5590 from 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, to request assistance.

Waupaca, Waushara and Marquette County residents can call 1-800-660-5430 to request assistance.



Do your own taxes online for FREE!

Online self-preparation is available in any location at! Current year federal and state tax filing is available at no charge using TaxSlayer software.

Simply choose the “By Myself” option to receive information about this e-file option. The interview software will guide you through the filing process step-by-step and you’ll be able to submit your return electronically.

This service is available through a partnership between United Way and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). You can learn more about IRS VITA programs here. This self-preparation option is available to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, disability, sex or age. You can learn more about Civil Rights protections here.

Project Partners include: