The SAVS program at CAP Services’ Family Crisis Center (FCC) is a community based advocacy program of free and confidential support services in Portage and Waupaca counties. SAVS staff and volunteer advocates provide services for anyone who has been affected by sexual violence, and are available 24/7 through the FCC crisis hotline or as walk-in support at FCC’s emergency shelter.
Advocates are trained professionals who offer a wide range of support services for the survivor, as well as their family, friends, and other caring individuals in their life. By adhering to strict confidentiality laws, advocates are here for you to talk with about anything related to your assault no matter when it occurred. Creating a judgement free and safe space for survivors of all genders, sexualities, races, ability levels, religions, ages, and identities is of utmost importance to the SAVS program.
What We Do
- Offer cost-free, confidential and supportive advocacy
- Referral and information sharing
- Accompaniment for medical, legal, and justice related services
- Provide individual, family, or support group advocacy meetings
- Bilingual and bicultural advocates available
- Present educational sessions in schools, businesses, and other civic and community organizations throughout the service area
- Advocate for new policy and build partnerships to develop a coordinated community response to protect and assist survivors of sexual violence
- Empower survivors, concerned individuals, and organizations to ultimately end sexual violence in our communities and to hold perpetrators accountable
You are not alone. It is not your fault. We believe you. Support is here for you.
If you have any questions, concerns or would to talk to someone we are just a phone call away.
Portage County Sexual Assault Victim Advocate: 715-343-7118
Waupaca County Sexual Assault Victim Advocate: 715-258-9575 ext.240
Family Crisis Center 24/7 Hotline