CAP Services is committed to safeguarding the health of our staff, clients and community. Given the rapidly changing environment related to COVID-19, CAP is working to decrease face-to-face interactions and implement measures to reduce the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission.
CAP will close its offices to the general public, effective noon, Friday March 20, 2020 until further notice.
Most program staff will remain available by phone, email and web-based conferencing tools. Members of the public who need assistance reaching staff should call 800-660-5430 for assistance.
CAP’s Family Crisis Center will remain open. When possible, clients are encouraged to call the Crisis Line to initiate services at 800-472-3377. CAP’s Children’s Discovery Center child care will remain open to currently enrolled families only.
All tax assistance services, poverty simulations and in-person group events for our clients and volunteers are cancelled until further notice. Staff is currently assessing whether to move forward with our Community Action Month events currently planned for May.
We know many of those we serve will be among those hardest hit by the impacts of COVID-19 disruptions. CAP staff are working with community partners to identify emerging resources for families. CAP will share information on how to access these as it becomes available here.
The following operations alterations are in effect starting noon March 20 until further notice:
- The Family Crisis Center will remain open.
- Children’s Discovery Center childcare services remain open to currently enrolled families only.
- Most other programs and services will remain available through staff working remotely.
- All tax assistance services, poverty simulations and in-person group events for our clients and volunteers are cancelled until further notice.
- Document drop boxes for those who may need them are currently available at our Appleton office (near the back entrance). Drop boxes will be installed at our Hoover Road location in Stevens Point, the CAPsell Center in Wautoma, and our Tower Road office in Waupaca soon. Current estimated install date is March 25.
We are continually evaluating this situation. Please continue to check our website for the most up to date information.