COVID-19 assistance available for housing, utilities and other emergency needs.

CAP Services is administering grant programs for individuals whose income or resources were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Residents of Marquette, Outagamie, Portage, Waupaca, and Waushara counties can call 844-314-8004 for information in English, Spanish or Hmong, or click below to complete a pre-screening application. 

We are currently receiving a very high volume of pre-screening forms. Please be patient as we are reviewing all forms in the order they were received. A member of CAP’s team will contact you as soon as possible to discuss next steps in the application process.

Apply Now!
¡Aplica ya!
Housing and Utility Assistance: Grants are available for renters, homeowners, and mobile home or manufactured housing residents.

Assistance is available through the Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance (WERA) program. Applicants must have household income at or below 80% of the county median income. Households can receive up to 12 months of rental arrearages and/or rental assistance, plus an additional 3 months if the extra months are determined to be needed to ensure housing stability and funds are available. Utility, internet, and housing energy payments and arrearages are also available.

US citizenship is not a requirement for WERA. Full FAQ available at Wisconsin Community Action Program Association (WISCAP) WERA Page.

Assistance is available through CDBG-CV for residents of Marquette, Portage, Waupaca, or Waushara counties. Applicants must have household income at or below 80% of the county median income. Households can receive up to $5,000 in assistance covering mortgage arrearages and payments and utility expenses over a period of 6 months. Residents of Outagamie County who need mortgage assistance can contact LEAVEN at (920) 738-9635.


Other Needs: Small grants (up to $500) are available to households with income at or below 125% of the federal poverty level. Grants are available for housing and utility expenses that are not covered by WERA or CDBG-CV assistance programs, and for other household expenses such as child care, food, transportation, technology, or medical/health care costs. CAP’s emergency grants are open to all residents of our service area regardless of citizenship or immigration status.