Victim Advocate- with Sexual Assault Services Emphasis
Work site: Wautoma, WI
Start Date: as soon as possible
Starting Pay: $16.86-$18.38 per hour, depending on experience
Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Paid time off, holidays, 401K, life insurance, access to health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
Duties: Provide client-directed services to victims of interpersonal violence (domestic abuse, sexual assault) and provide victim advocacy services as needed. Victim advocacy services include: referral, safety planning, assistance with applications for temporary restraining order petitions and crime victim compensation, accompaniment to judicial proceedings, or accompaniment to emergency room or other medical care provider.
- Bachelor degree in human services, social work, psychology and one year experience (crisis intervention, sociology, human services) leading to working knowledge of family development, advocacy and support services;
- OR Associate degree in human services, sociology, or psychology and three years’ experience as specified above;
- OR High school diploma/GED and five years’ experience as specified above.
– Understand the dynamics of sexual assault/abuse and/or domestic abuse and the effect on victims
– Ability to work with a variety of community agencies in obtaining services for clients and improving community response to interpersonal violence.
Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
CAP Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer