Insulation Technician (Weatherization)
Work site: Stevens Point, WI
Start Date: as soon as possible
Starting Pay: $20.33 per hour
Status: Full time, 38 hours per week (Monday-Thursday, 7:00am-5:00pm)
Benefits: Paid time off and holidays, 401K (6% match), life insurance, access to health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
Duties: Perform basic rehabilitation and energy conservation activities, including: install (attic, side-wall, basement, and foundation insulation), repair/replace windows and doors, operation and maintenance of agency vehicles. This role ensures completion of assigned tasks and upholding the quality and safety standards. Candidates must have the ability to interact professionally with customers, coworkers, and sub-contractors.
- Technical or specialized skills associated with a training program of one or two years beyond completion of high school (or equivalent);
- OR a minimum of one year work experience (residential energy conservation, construction, housing rehabilitation, lead hazard reduction work or asbestos O&M) with high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Must be able to travel independently 200-500 miles per week with access to an insured motor vehicle (work-related mileage reimbursed).
- Physical demands include:
- Kneeling, crouching, crawling and stooping
- Work in confined spaces like attics and crawl spaces when accessible
- Work in extreme heat or cold
- Must be able to occasionally wear a respirator (supplied by Agency)
- Lift 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Ability to work from ladders (15-20 feet above ground)
Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
CAP Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer