Business Expansion Competition
May 20, 2017 @ 12:00 am - June 30, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Think Tank for Business Growth & Market Expansion
In recognition of National “Be a Millionaire Day”, CAP Services, in partnership with our sponsors and supporters, is excited to announce its 2nd annual Business Expansion Competition.
Would you like to expand your market and grow your sales? The contest is meant to find and award a local business of any size and type the opportunity to grow and expand their existing business beyond their current market area. If your business has considered growing its product or service area outside of the county, region, state, coast-to-coast, or internationally; we have brought the experts from Northeast Wisconsin together to assist you with that.
DEFINED SERVICE AREA: Northeast, North Central and Southeast Wisconsin (Participating businesses must be located in Calumet, Marathon, Marquette, Outagamie, Portage, Waupaca, Waushara or Wood counties)
WHO QUALIFIES: Businesses in operation 2+ years wanting assistance to expand their sales territory outside of the County, Region, State, Coast to Coast, or Internationally (this does not include internet sales). Even if your business has sold minimally outside of WI, your business is still qualified to apply.
- Phase 1: Completed “Business Growth & Market Expansion Entry Forms” will be accepted from Saturday, May 20, 2017 through Friday, June 30, 2017 until 5pm.
- Phase 2: Phase 2 Contenders will be chosen and notified by Tuesday, August 1, 2017. Phase 2 contenders will be scheduled to participate in a face-to-face presentation to take place with our panel of judges by early September 2017.
The business best able to demonstrate the readiness and ability to broaden their current market area with the exportation of products/services outside of their County, Region, Wisconsin, Coast-to-Coast, or Internationally, increase revenue, and increase customer base will be selected as the winner. The winner will be announced and notified in person by September 15, 2017.
– 12 months free technical assistance starting in January 2018
- Business Plan Review & Development
- Feasibility Plan
- Growth Strategy Development
- Financial Assessment
– Introduction to the Green Bay Packers Mentor-Protégé Program
- Invite to Meet and Greet – November 1, 2017 @ Lambeau Field
- Protégé businesses matched with a mentoring company will receive 12 months of free mentoring beginning January 2018
- Business Training Camps
- Celebration in spring of 2019 for successful growth @ Lambeau Field
– Free Enrollment in the course “Marketing Made Lean” from Fox Valley Technical College
– Free Legal Consulting with Hans Thompson from Sweeney Law Office S.C. (Up to 2 hours)
– CAP Services will give a $1,000 prize for business expansion costs. (Reimbursement only for costs associated with expansion project specific to application)
- All finalists will receive a StrengthsFinder Discovery Package: Includes (2) StrengthsFinder Books and the Assessment (Boost your talents with StrengthsFinder!)
– Free Marketing needs assessment
– Business Lending Packages (that may include free ongoing technical assistance for the life of loan)
– Other Prizes and Resources for finalists and winner may include:
- Taxes – Accounting
- Supply Chain Management/Logistics
- Distribution Connections/Brokerage Services
- Contingency Planning/Exit Strategy
- 1 year chamber or business council membership packages