Work site: CAP Administration Stevens Point, or Appleton office (depending on applicants)
Start Date: as soon as possible
Status: Salaried, Exempt- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Starting Pay: $2,096 – $2,285 semi-monthly, depending on experience
Benefits: Paid time off, holidays, 401K (up to 6% match) life insurance, access to health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
- The position is charged with leading CAP’s community engagement work and external communications, using a number of tools and strategies to raise awareness of CAP Services and its programs and services, with a focus on building donors and growing partnerships that includes delivering poverty education programs.
- Requires developing and organizing CAP’s external communication activities, community engagement functions and expanding CAP stakeholders (donors, volunteers, and partners).
- Responsible for creation and implementation of CAP’s Development Plan and related donor management tracking, various fund development campaigns/fundraisers and staffing of the Fox Cities Development Council.
- Responsible for the overall administration and support for the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system (currently Airtable) including ensuring that the data in the CRM is correct, helping the system to grow and evolve, training staff in data entry and basic management, and assessing various options for optimizing and customizing the system to help the system grow and evolve.
- Plan the Board of Director’s annual meeting and/ or fundraising/awareness campaign including arranging for facilities, speakers, awards, invitations, and publicity.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of funding proposals. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with funding sources.
- External contacts involve an ongoing requirement to build and maintain working relationships with organizations that can have a significant impact on the success of CAP Services’ new initiatives (more than 25% of time).
The ideal candidate will have a B.A. or B.S. in related field (community organizing, communication, journalism, marketing, or organizational development) and three years’ experience; OR non-related BA/BS or related AA degree and four years of experience in community organizing, communication, journalism, marketing, or organizational development; OR high school degree and five years of experience as described.
Passion for CAP’s mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this to others. Should understand Community Action as a concept and as practiced. Requires strong community awareness and astuteness.
Moderate proficiency in Microsoft office required at hire and in donor software management (currently Airtable) within 3 months of hire. High degree of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, G-Suite, and developing skills in video production and editing within one year of hire.
Deadline to submit resume & cover letter: open until filled
CAP Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer