Our client, CAP Services, Inc.an impact-focused, mission-driven non-profit serving 5 counties in central and east central Wisconsin for over 50 years is looking for a Chief Program Officer. This multifaceted position located in Steven Point, WI will be responsible to the CEO for the day-to-day administration of several key functions of CAP Services, Inc. This challenging position includes oversight of CAP’s Early Childhood Development, Human Development, Lending, and Real Estate Programs and IT.
The successful candidate will:
- Partner with executive peers to advance CAP’s vision and mission and ensure the execution of CAP’s Strategic Plan.
- Stay abreast of developments in community action work to ensure continued innovation and responsiveness to our communities and deepened understanding of poverty and its complexities.
- Represent CAP Services to other community, state and federal agencies and on boards or advisory committees as appropriate. Work with CEO and staff to assure maximum awareness of CAP’s work.
- Create and support a high performing culture. Develop a team-based environment to inspire staff.
- Direct reports include the VP’s of Lending, Early Childhood Development, Human Development, Real Estate and IT. Provide mentoring, guidance, supervision and professional development to staff. Total direct and indirect reports approximates 220 individuals.
- Act in the absence of the President and CEO by Board resolution. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the Board of Directors and attend meetings of the Board.
- Responsible for resource mobilization to start, maintain and/or expand programs including developing proposals for funds and seeking opportunities for earned income. Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals. Support CAP’s fund development efforts, including special events, mail campaigns or investor relationships.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of services and provide recommendations for any relevant ways to improve them. Work with CEO, appropriate Board Committee(s), staff and community to assure program goals are met or exceeded.
- Assure adherence to funding source guidelines and requirements. Work closely with the finance department financial planning and monitoring relative to CAP’s $17 million operating budget.
The ideal candidate will have a B.A or B.S. in public or non-profit administration, business administration, organizational development or related field and six years’ experience in non-profit or for-profit organizational management and leadership (strategic planning, project development, human capital, resource mobilization, contract administration, public policy advocacy and program evaluation); OR post-secondary degree in non-related field with eight years’ related experience OR associate’s degree in a related field and 10 years related work experience.
Experience is desirable in progressively more responsible public or non-profit management setting with responsibilities for budget development and administration, meeting contract objectives, personnel administration and complying with funding source requirements. Real estate development experience desirable along with experience in the Low-income Housing Tax Credit Program.
Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, outcomes driven and entrepreneurial environment.
Must be able to interact successfully with people of all races, ages and ethnic backgrounds and support and advance CAP’s diversity and inclusion work.
Requires the ability to plan and perform involved or technical work presenting new or constantly changing problems at multiple department levels, work from broad instructions, deal with complex factors not easily evaluated, create solutions requiring considerable analysis, judgment, initiative and ingenuity in areas where there is limited precedent.
CAP Services, Inc. offers an outstanding benefit package. Please email cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position will remain open until filled.