Housing & Energy Specialist
Work site: CAP Services Program Office, 1608 West River Dr, Stevens Point, WI (Hybrid work available)
Start Date: January 8th, 2024
Term of Service: 1200 hours (Jan. 8, 2024 – Aug. 31, 2024)
Living Allowance: The position pays a bi-weekly allowance of $885.29 (gross).
Education Award: $4,826.50 after successful completion of full term of service
Status: 36-40 hours per week (Benefits available)
Duties: CAP Services, Inc. and Marshfield Clinic Health Systems Community Corps are seeking a full-time AmeriCorps member to serve as a Community Land Trust Administrative Assistant (50%) and a Sustainable Energy Evaluator (50%). The member will undertake the following activities:
- A CLT provides permanently affordable housing for low to moderate income households living in that service area.
- The member will attend monthly meetings, will work with the outside consultant for the CLT, will work to develop policies, procedures and a ground lease for the CLT.
- The other 50% of the position would involve assisting in the assessment, evaluation and strategic focus for energy efficiency across CAP’s owned buildings. The goal of this work is to both provide alternatives for assisting tenants with energy expenses, lowering the operational costs, and reducing our environmental footprint.
- Must be at least 17 years of age at time of start date with Hight School Diploma or GED.
- Must pass a criminal background and DMV check.
- Have unexpired proof of status as a US citizen or possess unexpired permanent resident status and be able to provide documentation.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, good computer skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, some real estate and/or construction and/or energy sustainability background is desired.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline to submit resume: Nov. 1st 2023
CAP Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer